The Winged Messenger

• October 6Go East! Go Griffins! Go Blue!

The countdown to Mr. and Miss Griffin: Three Weeks

Anna Vander Kooi, Staff Reporter

A night full of entertainment for only $5! Lincoln-Way East will host its second annual Mr. And Miss Griffin Show on Saturday, February 24th at 6:00 PM. Adopted as a tradition from Lincoln-Way North, this event serves as a great send off to our senior class of 2018 as well as a way to bring together all ages of the Lincoln-Way community for a night they’ll always remember. The student body of Lincoln-Way East has elected five senior boys to perform in this show, including Turner Pallissard, Caden McMann, Nick Digiovanni, Malachy Murphy, and Patrick Eminger. Joining the boys in this competition are seniors Lauren Hunter, Madi Corey, Paige Skopick, Tessa Troike, and Grace Casey. The ten seniors demonstrate their creativity through four rounds which consist of casual wear, talent, formal wear, and a final question. These students are hard at work perfecting their routines for this competition and are gathering as many of their classmates as possible to join them up on stage. They are sure to bring lots of laughs to the crowd on the night of the show-Lincoln-Way community members won’t want to miss it!

As if the competition for the crown weren’t enough, the night will also include a talent show to present the amazing gifts of East students of all ages. Students have tried out for a spot in this talent show, and the finalists to perform on the night of the show have been chosen! The talent show is a great way for all classes of East to be involved in this important night. The whole show is being organized by Mr. And Mrs. Pearson, who are hard at work to make this show the best one yet.

Ultimately, the new Mr. And Miss Griffin will be chosen by the judges as well as the audience, and these two spirited students will each receive a $500 scholarship to go towards their college tuition. Each contestants of the show will receive a $250 scholarship as a reward for their hard work. And, of course, the talent show winner will also receive a $250 scholarship to honor their amazing abilities. Tickets for the show will be sold at the door for $5, and it is the perfect Saturday night activity for all members of the Lincoln-Way community. We hope to see you in one of the seats of the full auditorium!