The Swamp Loses One of Their Gators

Joey DiNaso, Staff Reporter

This past Columbus Day news came out that crushed many Florida Gator fans. The man that the program is going to be built around for the next 3 years, Will Grier, tested positive for PED’s. The NCAA came down hard with the punishment and banned him for a year from playing college football. He can practice with the team, but cannot travel with them to the away games. The first eighteen months that he was on University of Florida campus he gained 20 pounds, which raises a little speculation. He took an over the counter supplement, but did not specify which one it was. Grier had this to say when he spoke to the media for the first time. “I did not check with the medical staff before taking it,” Grier said. “I really hope that people can learn from this, learn from my mistake. I’m really, really sorry to everyone. Just really sorry.” This suspension is going to really test the first year coach Jim McElwain.  McElwain had this to say about the loss of their skipper, “It’s a loss. But we also have other guys, and we’ve got to move forward. Hopefully guys will learn from this and see, as he said, it’s an opportunity through his choices. Hopefully some guys will learn from it.” Before this incident Florida is ranked 8 in the nation and had high hopes of going to a SEC championship game for the first time since 2009 when they lost to Alabama 32-13. Not only did they have aspirations to go to a SEC championship, but even possibly to get into the field of the College Football Playoff. To replace the redshirt freshman is Treon Harris. Harris is more of a running style of a quarterback while Will Grier is more of a pocket passer. He also played in nine games last year and completed 45% of his passes for 1,019 yards. Not only has he played last year; he has also split time with Grier at the beginning of the season and occasionally gets some snaps under center. Will Grier is out for the rest of the season, but you can bet that he will come out red-hot next year with a chip on his shoulder.

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/grier-suspended-no-8-florida-learn-harris