Hoco Loco: Homecoming Olympics

Julia Roessler, Staff Reporter

Have you ever had the sudden urge to pick up M&Ms with a straw? How about a desire to leap over your friends to form a human chain? Lincoln-Way East students had the opportunity to compete in these activities at the annual Homecoming Olympics, which took place on September 30th, 2015. Only two days before the Homecoming Game and three days before the Homecoming Dance, the Olympics raised enthusiasm throughout the school in preparation for upcoming events. During the Homecoming Olympics, students dared to face fun challenges and relays among their friends. The activities, which all tested teamwork and reliability upon each other, included various unique challenges such as a brain-teaser, a human chain, using only a straw to move a ping pong ball across the football field, and many more. Competition was close between classes, and more than sixty teams took part in the festivities, all of which donated canned goods to a local charity. Of the freshman teams, the Blue Crew pulled ahead, dressed head-to-toe in school spirit. The sophomore cross-country girls showed their team spirit by participating in the Homecoming Olympics as the Globe Runners. A group of juniors, missing the summer months and warm weather, dressed in their Hawaiian gear and competed. The Fruit Ninjas made their senior year extra memorable by taking the lead out of the senior teams. In the final competitions at the Pep Rally on Friday, the freshmen pulled ahead, beating both the juniors and a team of teachers. Congratulations to all that participated in this Homecoming festivity!