Learning Assistance Opportunities

Chayil Dozier, Staff Reporter

During Covid and summer break, I had forgotten most things that I had learned, and I’m sure it was the same for most students. I had forgotten how it write a good essay or add and subtract radicals, and I needed help, but I didn’t know where to go for help. Here are some places you can go to get help with learning loss:

* The first person you should start with is your teacher. They would more than willing to help you; they also know exactly what they taught you, and they can give you answers to your questions a lot faster because they know where you are in class. Going to get help before or after school— or during your advisory— can go a long way in comprehension.

Languages:
Spanish : Help is in the mornings before school —7:30-8:00– and after school —2:40-3:05– in room 214. All levels of Spanish are welcome to get help.
French: every other Wednesday from 2:40-3:15

All Subjects:
Star Club: This club saved my math grade in freshman year. It is a collection of student helpers who are good at explaining your homework questions. This club is after school on Tuesdays, from 2:40-3:30, in the library.

English:
Writing Center: During your advisory, there are teacher and student helpers that can help you write or review your writing. If your uncomfortable asking for help from someone you don’t know, go to someone you do know.

Extra Help:
Family members, friends, and work friends may not know how to solve your calculus problem but they can review your essay or help you comprehend a question, and so much more.