Batti-Performance

Batti-Performance

Mario Zambrano, Staff Reporter

Statistically speaking, over half a million student-athletes go to the doctor every year for a sports related injury. Of those injuries, a vast majority lead back to poor training and ways that avoid an injury from occurring. Hopefully, if you are fortunate enough, you’ll hit the jack pot and be under the care and training of a great physical trainer that will help you become a great athlete while keeping your body safe and in the best shape. Don’t you wish that you could find a great gym that can do that just for you? Well, at Batti-Performance they not only help keep your body strong, but they also make sure your body will stay in great shape in sports and throughout your life. Batti-Performance is owned and run by Ronnie and Marissa who are former collegiate athletes in football and softball. Ronnie played football at NIU for a little while before sustaining 2 ankle injury then furthering his career at Millikin University. As far as Marissa, she played softball at Indiana University, as you can tell these two are both highly successful athletes and can really relate to young athletes with same vision that had. However, both sustained many injuries in their lifetime which helped them understand what they want to do, their goal is to help athletes with the same goals and dreams they had to help them prevent injuries and help them as much as they can to achieve goals of playing at the next level in their sports. Batti-Performance is based off focusing on 4 major things prevention of injury, strength, speed, and explosive which is key for an athlete to get to next level for their sport. Also they focus on building an athlete’s strength for their designated sport. Ronnie and Marrisa spend countless hours of time making a specific program for each of their clients from nutrition to strength-based workouts. They start the day at 3am and finish the day around 11pm, and this shows how dedicated they are to every athlete that comes through, however this isn’t for everyone you have to be willing to give everything you got when you’re in there and have determination because the work these two do is impeccable. Batti-Performance is different than other gyms and trainers I’ve gone to because unlike other places Ronnie and Marrisa live the lifestyle from experience to the same exact workouts you do. They know exactly what it feels like it to have an amazing day practice as far as the bad days that’s why their training is so effective because they do everything their clients do. The first day I came to them they tested me (like they do for all their clients) and they found my base from squat, deadlift, and bench. In the first month I went up 80lbs in my workouts and noticed dramatic physique changes. Apart from them being trainers they are some of the kindhearted people you will encounter in your lifetime, so when you are working out be prepared to crack some jokes and having daily talks. In my few months of training there I don’t just consider them as my trainers, I consider them as family. So the real question here is are you ready to get Stronger, Fast, and Explosive, but most importantly a Phenom? If interested contact them on Instagram @battiperformance.