How to Live a Healthy Life

Jasmine Muhammad, Staff Reporter

Living a healthy life is very important physically and mentally. Here are some benefits of living healthy…

• You can have a healthy and balanced weight. Eating a balanced, calorie-managed diet can also help control weight. When you have a healthy breakfast in the morning, it can help you not become overly hungry later in the day. Skipping breakfast can raise your blood sugar, which increases fat storage.

• Having a healthy lifestyle could also improve your mood. Eating a healthy diet as well as exercising can lead to a better physique. Which could boost your self-esteem and confidence since you have a body that you feel good in. It can lead to decreased stress and stress brings a lot of toll on your mind.

• Being healthy can also lead to a stronger immune system which combats diseases. This lifestyle can prevent high blood pressure, heart disease, and a stoke. Also, this can help regulate your cholesterol.

• Living healthy boosts energy. When eating a balanced diet, your body receives the fuel it needs to manage your energy level. A healthy diet includes whole grains, fruit, lean meats, vegetables, and low-fat dairy products. Exercise helps deliver oxygen and nutrients to your tissues and gets your cardiovascular system working more efficiently so that you have more energy to go about your daily activities. It also helps boost energy by promoting better sleep. This helps you fall asleep faster and get better sleep.

• Having a healthy lifestyle could boost you chances of a longer life. Those who walked just 30 minutes each day significantly reduced their chances of dying prematurely, compared with those who exercised infrequently.

A student at Lincoln-Way East named Kat Kina said, “I think there are plenty of ways to have a healthy lifestyle, one is exercising, good habitats like eating healthy and drinking plenty of water.” Living healthy is very important and it could be life changing.