Best Holiday Movies

Maisyn Szablewski, Staff Reporter

During the holiday season, it’s everyone’s favorite thing to snuggle up with a blanket and their favorite snacks and watch their favorite holiday movies. But there are so many that it can be difficult to choose, but I was able to pick a list of the best holiday movies to watch this season. Whether it’s a classic or romantic comedy, there’s a Christmas movie for everyone. For example, if you wanted to watch a classic I would recommend, “A Christmas Movie”. “A Christmas Movie” was made in 1983, and it’s set around the writings of author Jean Shepherds about the youngster ,Ralphie Parker, who spends most of his time dodging a bully and dreaming of his ideal Christmas gift. But if you celebrate Hanukkah, I would recommend the movie “Eight Crazy Nights”. It was made in 2002, and it’s about ,Davey Stone, a thirty three year old party animal who gets himself into trouble and in the holiday spirit the Judge gives him one more chance at redemption by spending the holiday serving as the assistant referee for the youth basketball league or go to jail. Davey thinks he got lucky until he meets the elf like head referee. Sophomore, Ava Simon says, “my favorite holiday movie is “Home Alone” because me and my sister watch it every year before Christmas, and it’s always been one of my favorite comedies”. Also Sophomore, Meagan Fuqua says, “my favorite holiday movie is “Elf”. This is my favorite because my family and I watch it every year together on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. This movie has always been part of my family’s tradition, and it is a big part of our holiday!” In conclusion, the holiday season has a large variety of holiday movies and there’s one for everyone so snuggle up with a blanket and watch one!