Disney During the Holidays

Taryn Mainwaring, Staff Reporter

Disney is a magical place for families to enjoy fun activities together, especially during the holidays. There are many events in Disney that are very exciting that bring families together for the holidays. One event that many people love is “Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party”. This event happens during selected dates from November 8th-December 22nd from 7:00pm- 12:00am. Disney’s Magic Kingdom hosts this extravagant event and has many different Disney characters dressed in their best holiday attire during this experience. Magic Kingdom also has some of their fun rides opened up for families to enjoy while they are at Mickey’s party. Colin Abbott, a sophomore at East also loves Disney during the holidays. “I loved spending time, and relaxing with family, and enjoying the once in a lifetime visit while in Disney during the holidays,” said Abbott. Another fun thing to do in Disney during the holidays is shopping. Disney’s Epcot offers you shops from around the world to go holiday shopping in, without leaving the park. You can shop for many different holidays and have fun celebrating and learning about all the different cultures there are in the world. Joy Oludemi, also a sophomore at East, went to Walt Disney World two years ago during the holidays and had the most magical time with her family. “I loved the around the world shopping at Epcot and I had the most awesome time ever in Disney and I can’t wait to go again!” said Oludemi. Disney is by far the most magical place to spend your holidays at, and I definitely recommend going!